My State of the Union: 2/28/16



Good Sunday Morning to you and welcome to of my Sunday State of the Union! This is the week in short and will cover everything from A to Z, or at least everything between A and Z that I care to mention. This weekly post will be published EVERY Sunday morning and will be written throughout the week.
.  .  .

As we approach Super Tuesday, this past week has been politically heavy in my news feed. This week in my SOTU is going to both look deeper into and also look outside of politics. Why? Because if I have to read too many more political arguments and articles, my brain might just explode. I mean don't get me wrong, I love, love, love politics. For goodness sakes I'm even majoring in it. But if it's just 100% politics all the time, yeah I don't like politics that much. Everyone needs a break every so often, yeah? So, without further ado, here's the week

1. Tuesday Night Smackdown - No despite my title here, the WWE has not changed it's weekly schedule for Smackdown. I'm talking about Super Tuesday, the primary election Holy Grail. This coming Tuesday, March 1st, Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont and Virginia will have primaries for both Republicans and Democrats. Alaska has a Republican caucus, American Samoa has a Democratic caucus, and Colorado is choosing a Democratic candidate through caucusing and delegates for to choose a Republican. I for one am on the hunt for a Super Tuesday party, a rare occasion that I won't be watching results and knitting.  There will definitely be some live-tweeting and a follow up next week!

2. Bloom - So moving away from politics now, I want to hit up the really important news of the week. Some of you may know Estee Lalonde (formerly EssieButton), a fashion/beauty/lifestyle blogger/vlogger/YouTuber. I've been passively watching her videos for years and over the past few months I finally subscribed and started watching her videos regularly. This Monday, Estee announced that she is writing a book titled Bloom! Last I checked, there was no US pre-order for her book, but the second it does open up, I will be the first on the list! I love Estee and I am so excited to read her book. Check out her blog and her channel!

3. Carrie and the Robots - My absolute favorite Carrie Fisher was featured in IBM's new commercial along side the support group for evil robots. The commercial also features IBM's little Watson, their genius artificial intelligence robot. It'll the cutest minute of your day! The only thing missing is 3PO and R2!

4. Baby Meesha - Little Meesha from the BARCS Animal Shelter in Baltimore, MD was waking up from surgery and making the absolute saddest little puppy noises. According to the post, Meesha was having trouble coming out from the anesthesia, and one of her doctors, Dennis Moses, comforted her by holding Meesha and rocking her. Little Meesha's sad whimpers will break your heart the whole time, but seeing the doc's reaction and comforting of the little dog, it's just the sweetest thing! Check the video out on BARCS' Facebook page!

5. Land's End Weenies Out - I'm sure by now you've heard about how Land's End took down their interview with Gloria Steinem. After pressure from viewers calling Steinem "anti-child" and claiming that Land's End want to "kill off future customers." Which is an absolutely ridiculous claim. Regardless of her recent opinions, Gloria Steinem has worked for gender equality. Moreover, the interview with Land's End had nothing to do with Steinem's opinions regarding abortion or any other political issues. I'm quite ashamed of Land's End for taking down the interview, and I for one will be keeping my business elsewhere for a while.

Photo of the Week:

I found this gorgeous Skeleton Flower on Town & Country. Found in Japan and China, the usually white flower, turns clear when hit with water. As it dries, it fades back to white. Apparently they're also found on the Appalachian mountains, so guess where I'm going hiking this summer!




Quote of the Week: With midterm season starting, I think this quote is pretty accurate.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
-Henry Kissinger


And that's where I'll leave you today. Let me know in the comments what articles highlighted your week!

Until next time,
Writing to you from M, Personally

0 comments:

Post a Comment