Mini Political Rant




You need to watch this video, tell others to watch this video and share this video to your page.
Posted by Jim Hanlon on Sunday, September 23, 2012



This video came up on my Facebook timeline today. I just had to share it with my tiny political audience. This is what really drives my political aspirations. I don't want to be a politician who sits around and just votes on party lines for the sole purpose of getting reelected. I want to be the shit-stirrer. I want to actually READ and COMPREHEND bills, I want to look my party leader in the eye and fearlessly say, "No" to supporting something that will not benefit my future district or state. I have my own set of thoughts, ideas, and opinions. And I stand by them. That is not to say that my thoughts, ideas, and opinions won't change as I learn more about the world or a topic and as I get older. That's natural of course. But I will not be a politician who gets so desperate for election/reelection that I blatantly lie to get what I strive for. If I can't earn my seat or job with what I really am and with what I really believe, I sure as hell don't deserve it for lying. Does that mean that I may be fated to be a one term politician? Maybe. I may never even be elected! But I never want to be the kind of person who lies and has to use back alley-methods to get what they want. And please, for the love of all that is holy, if I ever get to be this person, someone better find this blog post and send it to me! That's my teeny weeny political rant for now.

Writing to you from M, Personally

0 comments:

Post a Comment