Literary Update: September 18, 2015

On May 25th, after not reading for much of my freshman year, I was fed up and decided to challenge myself to read 101 books in 1001 days. Since then, I've made some pretty good progress, but there's still a ways to go!

Just Finished: Break Your Own Rules by Jill Flynn, Kathryn Heath, and Mary Davis Holt


So I'll be honest, this post has been a long time coming. I finished this book about a week ago, and this is the first time I had time to actually sit and write about it. And I'm glad I waited so I could give an accurate write up because I just cannot say enough about this book! The ladies of Flynn Heath Holt Leadership did a fantastic job of explaining what holds women back in their own minds. We as women have this mindset and these rules in our own heads what we so strictly follow. While not every woman is the same, but a lot are.
Even though it's meant for those in the business field, It can really be applied to anything. The book really helped me in terms of looking at my future political career and even just in my position with groups on campus. It asks questions and explains things in such a simple way, but without tearing you down or making your previous actions seem negative. It's such a fantastic read, I would 100% recommend it to ANYONE, and I already have recommended it to so many other amazing ladies!


Currently Reading: I'm not sure yet! I'm taking a break with Anna Karenina, It's just too big to drag around campus! I'll be sure to pick a new book out by Sunday, and I'll do a mini update then!
But for now, I'm off to the dining hall for dinner!


Writing to you from M, Personally

0 comments:

Post a Comment