Eurovision 2016!

Like any true Europhile knows, the event of the year is here. Four days of international musical competition, baffling most Americans. Yes folks, it's Eurovision time once again!


I've been a passive watcher of Eurovision for a few years. My sister and I watched the finale live for the first time last year, and it was great. We had cookies and chips and way too much pizza. It was great. This year, since I'm not working during the semi finals, I get to watch. And I am real excited about that. Because I'll be watching it primarily alone (ha-ha sis has to work during the semis this year), I'm going to be live blogging throughout all three shows.

Today, May 10th is the first Semi-Final. Americans can watch Eurovision on their website streaming at 3 PM. Eighteen countries perform tonight, you can see the schedule here. My live blog will be here, with all of my thoughts as I watch all of the performances.

Thursday, May 12 is the second Semi-Final, hosting another 18 countries with the schedule here also a 3 PM. See my thoughts for the second semi-final here!

The Grand Finale is on Saturday, May 14 at, you guessed it, 3 PM. The finale's live blog will be here.

I hope you enjoy Eurovision 2016 just as much as I do! If you want to read up on the history of it, there is a really great into to EV article here on the website!

I'm off to go catch up on everything before the show starts at 3 PM today, but until then,

Writing to you from M, Personally

0 comments:

Post a Comment